Those not in the trailer obviously. We already know that Stu gets the Tyson tattoo and the tattoo artist failed to block the movie in court. They filmed most of the movie in Thailand, arguably the sex-tourism capital of the world. Who knows how many of these will happen — it’s fun to speculate.
- This one is an absolute lock: someone (the smart money’s on Alab) will get with a ladyboy (kathoey) prostitute. Thailand is well known for hookers who have undergone sex changes or are partly through the procedure. I won’t elaborate further, but here’s a SFW link in case you’re curious.
- Something will go wrong with drugs. Thailand has pills with meth in them, so presumably taking a few of these things can lead you to stay up for a few days, which can only lead to more debauchery and poor decisions.
- Popular in the Northeast of Thailand, riding elephants present some implicit hazards. Think: falling off and then getting defecated, urinated, and/or stepped on. Maybe this is where the monestary in the trailer comes in.
- Back to drugs: Thailand has several areas that are used to cultivate various “cash crops.” Mostly near the Myanmar border but the old Leo DiCaprio flick, The Beach, hit upon the plot of stumbling onto a drug dealer’s land and them trying to hunt the intruders. I can picture the Hangover crew trying to do a hike off of a GPS and navigating themselves to hostile territory.
- Some sort of transportation nightmare. Bus ride with animals, lost luggage. Travel in “developing” countries is never without glitches. Probably why they end up in a seedy motel with a monkey.
- Back to prostitutes: Thailand has an odd culture whereby the girls prefer to attach themselves to one man for the duration of his visit unlike the system of short-term contract labor elsewhere. If the Thai hookers do their jobs really well, they convince the foreigner to send them payments for a sick mother or some other reason the girl thinks up. I picture one of the main characters semi-falling for a hooker. Considering Andy did this last time, not him. And not Zach, because he needs to be unattached and the loose cannon.
We’ll see how many of these come to fruition. Over under is 1.5 — comment if you feel differently.